Old February 4th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default New platforms at Stratford

On Feb 4, 12:31*pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 4 Feb, 12:10, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 4 Feb, 11:43, Martin Petrov wrote:

Any hint of when they might open?

Easter, allegedly. NRE reports a closure on 10 April (Good Friday).

Is someone getting their backsides kicked over the delay?

It's a DLR project and Network Rail are apparently the ones at fault,
so you'd hope so.

For the sake of people who don't know what this is about, the OP is
referring to the new (terminating) platforms at Stratford for the
North London Line (London Overground).

Stuff I've read elsewhere suggests that Network Rail failed to install
the connection from the current NLL alignment (west of Stratford) up
to the new platforms during the Xmas/New Year closure.

I understood that the problem was that the replacement signalling
couldn't be commissioned, so the track slew didn't take place. The new
track is in place on the curve and all that will happen is that the
connection to the low level lines will be slewed to connect to the new
platform lines instead. Of course, this can't take place without
losing access to the low level tracks, so no signals would have meant
no service.

I guess this delay is preventing the DLR getting to work on converting
the low-level route as part of their Stratford Int'l Extension project
- though I dare say they may wisely have factored in some leeway here.