Old February 4th 09, 03:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default New platforms at Stratford

On 4 Feb, 16:32, Mizter T wrote:
Interesting to hear about the widening of an overbridge on the
approach to Stratford Int'l - I take it this is the road bridge over
the 'station box' just to the west of the station building? If so I
suppose work was done on it during the night when trains weren't
running on the CTRL.

Sorry I've got that wrong. High Meads Loop (the freight line past SI)
had to be realigned where it crosses the station cutting to allow the
DLR track alongside. I'd somehow got the idea in my head that the road
bridge over High Meads Loop needed widening, but it appears to have
built the correct width from the start.

btw, this map has a very recent aerial photo of the Olympic site if
you zoom in on Stratford, showing the new platforms, the new curve,
and the SI DLR station box:
http://www.london2012.com/in-your-area/map/index.php