Old February 4th 09, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default UTLer in the news

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
news
In message , John Rowland
writes
http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8zpw5

What a bloody idiot.

That may indeed be the case.

However, I think we all know that - whenever we see a media report on
a subject we know something about - it usually contains several
inaccuracies or doesn't give the whole story. That might (and I
stress *might*) be the case here.

For the record:

(a) I've met plenty of councillors who have ranged from slightly
ill-informed to complete *******.

(b) I've met Colin R once, know nothing about him and emphatically
*not* making a judgement about him in point (a) above! :-)

Anyone who is interested can read the full report at
http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/public/c...11stds/3_0.pdf
(warning - 23MB pdf file)

Peter Smyth