Old February 4th 09, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default UTLer in the news

On Feb 4, 9:05*pm, Adrian wrote:
MIG gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

That was certainly my first thought, but I completely and utterly fail
to comprehend any circumstances where blocking an ambulance service
fast response vehicle, then locking gates on them, because they
"shouldn't be driving on the grass" is even remotely acceptable.

The story doesn't do itself much credit. *It repeatedly refers to the
car as an "ambulance", despite it being one of these
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg.

Yup, an ambulance service fast response vehicle, staffed by a paramedic.
The vehicle they send so as to get expert medical help to an incident
faster than a full-fat ambulance may be able to get there.

Although probably not in the Yorkshire colours (may have been less
garish). In London I see a lot of paramedic motorbikes these days,
which makes a lot of sense.