Old December 13th 03, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Zara Henderson Zara Henderson is offline

Default Black cabs

Kat" wrote in message
Simple question!
Can a cab-driver refuse to take blind passengers?
TIA

=======================================
My husband who is a London Taxi Driver drove a partially sighted disabled
woman to a housing estate on the Essex road Islington,he assisted the lady
to her door & when he returned he was set upon by six hooded youths who had
just broken into his cab,they kicked him
"in the head so violently that he suffered a stroke & has not worked since &
we have a young family, that was almost three years ago.the advice that we
recieved from the "Met" was "never leave your vehicle if you feel your
personal safety is at risk" I think that a taxi driver has every right to
insist that a disabled person has some sort of assistance,they are not
ambulance drivers & they have no training nor are they insured if anything
should go wrong.

Zara Henderson