Old February 6th 09, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc
Espen Koht Espen Koht is offline

Default UTLer in the news

In article op.uow9x51m0v1caa@thedell,
"Brian L Johnson" wrote:

Even if they were. Consider which direction Colin would have been facing at
just after 2 o'clock on that blazing summer's afternoon. Into sun?

I think it has been established the even took place much later in the
day, contrary to the drivers initial report, but either way I don't
think the sun would make a meaningful difference.

Also consider that the ambulance driver had said that he'd turned off his
siren. Might he have inadvertantly turned the lights off as well?

I guess it is possible, but it is also highly speculative.

(or you were Leonardo da Vinci). Anything post the
initial encounter (which the driver does appear to describe as a minor
altercation in his initial complaint) shows a very poor show of
judgement which (in all honesty was no longer an emergency situation)
clearly aggravated the situation, which doesn't entirely surprise me
given Colin's general pig-headedness when he think he is right even when
proven wrong.

People with firm convictions do often stick with them when they shouldn't. I
guess that's why they're called, y'know... 'firm'. g

There seems to have been a belief in the former US administration that
'firm' trumps 'wrong'; it doesn't.

A referendum? Gosh, that would be interesting!

What I had in mind was the normal process of elections.