Old February 6th 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc

Default UTLer in the news

Brian L Johnson wrote:
Espen Koht wrote:

In article ,
(Alan Braggins) wrote:

In article , Espen Koht
wrote:
A Honda based ambulance matching the general description today
passed me
earlier today and I noted that the primary markings really are the
yellow and green on the right and left sides. The rear and front retain
mostly the underlying silver/grey colour of the vehicle, and the
low-profile light-bar could easily be confused with some arbitrary
roof-mount unless lit.

Basically, more like this:
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/P1150231.jpg without the
yellow bonnet.

An earlier post
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/cam...872659b40f31de
(which has X-No-Archive so will expire soon) linked to
http://www.eastanglianambulance.com/...EAAMB_240702.J

PG/image_view_fullscreen
"Which differs only in the registration number."

That's a good match (I hadn't paid much attention until I saw the
potential vehicle myself). From standing 1m in front of this I would be
more willing to assume some benefit of doubt

Exactly. For a brief moment, that vehicle would have looked like the
their way on to the grass to save themselves a couple of quid parking
fee and 5 minutes walking time at the expense of the vast majority of
law-abiding attendees.

For a brief moment.

The initial reaction for someone as stupid and officious as Colin
appears, is possible.

The subsequent events are inexcusable.