Old February 6th 09, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc
Brian L Johnson Brian L Johnson is offline

Default UTLer in the news

Espen Koht wrote:

In article op.uow9x51m0v1caa@thedell,
"Brian L Johnson" wrote:

Even if they were. Consider which direction Colin would have been
facing at
just after 2 o'clock on that blazing summer's afternoon. Into sun?

I think it has been established the even took place much later in the
day, contrary to the drivers initial report, but either way I don't
think the sun would make a meaningful difference.

Ah, yes. My confusion.

If anything, of course, it might have meant that the sun was reflecting
off the windscreen into Colin's eyes.

Also consider that the ambulance driver had said that he'd turned off
his siren. Might he have inadvertantly turned the lights off as well?

I guess it is possible, but it is also highly speculative.

Phil Lee seems to know the layout of the converted Honda CRV quite well
and he rules out any chance of turning the lights off by accident.

(or you were Leonardo da Vinci). Anything post the
initial encounter (which the driver does appear to describe as a minor
altercation in his initial complaint) shows a very poor show of
judgement which (in all honesty was no longer an emergency situation)
clearly aggravated the situation, which doesn't entirely surprise me
given Colin's general pig-headedness when he think he is right even
when proven wrong.

People with firm convictions do often stick with them when they
shouldn't. I guess that's why they're called, y'know... 'firm'. g

There seems to have been a belief in the former US administration that
'firm' trumps 'wrong'; it doesn't.

But you can be 'firm' and 'wrong' or 'firm' and 'right': they're not
mutually exclusive attributes.

--
-blj-