Old February 6th 09, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,cam.misc
Jon Green Jon Green is offline

Default UTLer in the news

Roland Perry wrote:
In message . com, at
13:33:51 on Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Jules
remarked:
Right... I've not read the report, but I did look at the photo of the
vehicle - and it wasn't obvious that there *was* an ambulance sign on the
bonnet or sides.

There's also a certain degree of function creep in the use of the word
"Ambulance".

Is this a Fire Engine:

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/fire/dcp00999.jpg

No, it's a fire services vehicle.

A very good friend of mine in the States is a part-time firefighter.
His Subaru (his own car, by the way), has blue lights fitted front and
rear, and is officially a fire truck, so that he can get to the scene of
a fire at or before the pump engines do, which is quicker and more
efficient than holding back the pump while he makes his way to the fire
house.

I have precisely no problems with that idea.

I also have no problems with the idea that in the case of questionable
calls, a small fast car can get to the scene of a reported incident and
report back whether it requires attendance by the big (and costly to
drive) engines and firefighters.

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! To reply in email, replace 'deadspam'
with 'green-lines'.