Old February 6th 09, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Signal failure on the central line?

In message
,
Mizter T writes
On National Rail it's often chavs stealing the wiring (for the copper).

Not something that I recall happening on LU, nor indeed on the mainline
railways in London itself - I'm sure it must have though. I'm speaking
about people nicking wired-in wiring, which excludes this audacious
attempt at theft from London Bridge station that then turned into a
rather dangerous getaway attempt:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6447625.stm (Is the guy on
the right pulling a face?...)

Yes, there have been instances on LU too.