Old February 7th 09, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

On 7 Feb, 16:53, Roland Perry wrote:
So you are saying the first leg of that corridor is aligned approx "4
O'clock" from the ticket office (ie parallel to the Victoria Line
escalators? It feels to me more like "2 o'clock", but it's easy to get
disorientated under ground.

Now here's an interesting image:
http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/kxpem/images/KX_lul_3.jpg

The curved passageway on the left is the one that's closing, and it
does start by heading east.

There's what appears to be a lift at the north end of the tube ticket
hall stairs, and an opening in the north wall on the paid side of the
ticket barrier that could also be a lift, and appears to very near to
the curved passageway. I'd reckon the latter is the Northern Line
lift.

Here's another diagram:
http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/kxpem/images/KX_lul_2.jpg

There's a blue square that looks to be in the same place as that
supposed lift. And it shows the relative positions of the passageways
to the above ground stations.