Old February 9th 09, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] Peter Campbell Smith[_3_] is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

wrote in
news
In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
16:34:57 on Sat, 7 Feb 2009,
remarked:
The access from the concourse doesn't close till tomorrow.

I keep forgetting it's been delayed.

Only until today, though.

When I first used that entrance regularly - maybe around 1980 - there was a
boarded-up escalator from the passage-that-has-just-been-closed up to the
mainline station concourse, adjoining the stairs. Later, it was removed
and the stairs were widened. I often wondered (as I lugged my bags up the
stairs) whether it was ever in use and why it was removed.

Peter

--
Peter Campbell Smith ~ London ~ pjcs00 (a) gmail.com