Old February 9th 09, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

On 9 Feb, 16:38, Roland Perry wrote:
That is what they call the "phase 1" layout (albeit with the lift
missing), but my diagram above is base don the "phase 2" final version.

Or are they not doing that final bit of adjusting after all?

I had a good nose around on the way home tonight:
- They're relining the passageway north of the Victoria Line, which
suggests it isn't closing as the crowd-modelling diagram suggests
- There's a hoarding on the west side of the passageway, but no
corresponding hoarding at platform level. In fact, the hoarding is the
only sign of major construction work in the area.
- There are no existing cross passages between the two the crowd-
modelling diagram shows the new passageways connecting to.

I also noticed there is indeed a modern lift in one of the Northern
Line shafts. It even has the fancy scrolling LED screens above the
doors and by the call button that the new public ones at KXSP have.
But it's hidden behind a vented door at platform level.