Old February 11th 09, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Hobbyist Hobbyist is offline

Default St. Pancras to E. Croydon by Thameslink

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 12:19:09 -0800 (PST), Hobbyist
wrote:

My sister and niece are coming down from Newcastle to visit me next
week. Does anybody know what platform at St. Pancras they need to go
in order to get to E. Croydon? Also, what is the end destination of
the train/s passing through East Croydon, so they can look out for it
on the notice board?

What day are they coming and what time?

They'll be arriving into Kings Cross around 3:30pm on Tuesday 17th
Feb.

This is because there is no
Thameslink service across London late evenings and at weekends because
of major engineering works.

http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk/cms/pages/home

Thanks for the URL. They should be ok coming in, but they'll have to
use the tube from Victoria on their way home the following Saturday -
not a problem, as I can give them directions for that.

I believe the platforms are "A" and "B" at St Pancras Domestic Station -
they are underground and below the level of the shopping arcade. Others
will know better than me on that score.

Although designed to direct people to the Eurostar platforms this page
gives some decent info.

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...?iCmsPageId=77

The destination of trains for East Croydon will be Brighton.

--
Paul C

Thanks for all your help, Paul.