Old February 11th 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default LURS meetings and Crossrail

"John Rowland" wrote in message
John Rowland wrote:

http://www.lurs.org.uk/meetings.html
Tuesday 10th February
"Crossrail - Where are we now?"
by David Anderson, Engineering Director, Crossrail.

Damn, forgot to go. Was it good?

No. He spent a lot of time going through a Crossrail corporate
presentation. There was some interesting detail on the central London
stations, though I think it's all on the Crossrail website anyway. The talk
would have been OK for anyone who didn't already know about Crossrail.
Answers to questions were vague and generic.

In answer to a question about Heathrow, he trotted out the party line that
HEx would continue , and that Crossrail would replace Heathrow Connect. In
other words Crossrail will serve Heathrow Central (for T1,2,3 or whatever
they are called by then) and Terminal 4. I still find it scarcely
believable that the major rail link from East and Central London, including
the financial centres in Docklands and the City, will not directly serve the
British Airways terminal, T5. It's notable that the Crossrail maps, even
the one described as "Route connections with airports", still show just
"Heathrow Airport", which leads me to think that we haven't heard the last
of this issue.
--
Richard J.