Old February 11th 09, 10:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default LURS meetings and Crossrail

"Richard J." wrote ...
Damn, forgot to go. Was it good?

In answer to a question about Heathrow, he trotted out the party line that
HEx would continue , and that Crossrail would replace Heathrow Connect.
In other words Crossrail will serve Heathrow Central (for T1,2,3 or
whatever they are called by then) and Terminal 4. I still find it
scarcely believable that the major rail link from East and Central London,
including the financial centres in Docklands and the City, will not
directly serve the British Airways terminal, T5. It's notable that the
Crossrail maps, even the one described as "Route connections with
airports", still show just "Heathrow Airport", which leads me to think
that we haven't heard the last of this issue.

I forgot to go too ... I'm sure that story will run and run, as they say
(it ain't over until the dietarily challenged woman vocalises).
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.
It is the only instrument capable