Old February 12th 09, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default UTLer in the news

Ian Jelf gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

However, the way in which they can be held to account **more strictly
than other members of society** does seem to me deeply unfair.

There's one relevant detail that you're forgetting, though, Ian.

I know you said you weren't commenting on this particular case, but it's
a good example to use. Was the ambulance driver blocked by Joe Public, or
was it blocked by a councillor believing he was performing part of that
role?

I'd say the latter. In which case, it comes fairly within scope of a
regulatory body for councillors.

Councillors, on the other hand, seem to be held to account
by this Orwellian-sounding "Council's Code of Conduct for Councillors".

When they have their councillor's hat on, and are justifying their
actions as "I'm a councillor", then - yes. That's appropriate.