Old February 12th 09, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default UTLer in the news

In article ,
(David Cantrell) wrote:

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 06:35:31PM +0000, James Farrar wrote:
Joe wrote in
:
The panel agreed that Councillor Rosenstiel should send a full
personal, unqualified and unreserved written apology to the
East of England Ambulance Service and the ambulance driver
involved in the incident in June 2007. The form of this apology
was agreed with the Hearing Panel.

So in other words, a whole bunch of taxpayers' money has been
spent in order to get an apology.

What's the point of apologising only after being ordered to do so? I
would consider such an apology to be insincere if I received one.

It's in the Standards Board procedures, apparently. In fact I offered the
apology before was ordered.

--
Colin Rosenstiel