Old February 12th 09, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default UTLer in the news

"Ian Jelf" wrote :
What's the point of apologising only after being ordered to do so? I
would consider such an apology to be insincere if I received one.

Indeed but what else is there to do or where else is there to go with this
matter?

He should have been charged with the offence he committed.
If he wasn't a councillor, he almost certainly would have been.

If I was the ambulance man, I'd demand the union took out a private
prosecution. Once these eejits are allowed to get away with it, they start
to think 'councillor' means 'I own this town' - not the theoretical 'I serve
this town'
--
Andrew

If you stand up and be counted,
From time to time you may get yourself knocked down.
But remember this:
A man flattened by an opponent can get up again.
A man flattened by conformity stays down for good.
- Thomas J. Watson Jr.