Old February 12th 09, 02:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default SWT go into cycle hire business

On 12 Feb, 15:00, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

Brompton only do folding up bicycles so this is what SWT will offering
- I guess it makes sense in that they'll take up less space when being
stored at Waterloo.

It brings the width, height and length of a single bike closer to each
parity, but I'm not convinced it reduces the floor area taken up by a fleet
of bikes.

Perhaps not.

The other advantage of offering Brompton fold-up bikes is that the
users can fold them up and take them into their workplace when they
get there, thus cutting the risk and worries about theft of bikes that
are locked up outside.