Old February 14th 09, 05:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default UTLer in the news

In message 01c98ecd$584497e0$LocalHost@default, Michael R N Dolbear
writes
Ian Jelf wrote

But they are not "public servants" (that term applies to employed
council officers). They are elected officials which I consider to

be
an important distinction.

But they are "Public Officers" (Holders of a public office) so, eg,
liable for "Misconduct in Public Office" and can reasonable be held to
higher standards than private persons.

Yes, that's what I don't agree with. I want these people held to the
*same* standards as everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk