Old February 15th 09, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default UTLer in the news

"Ian Jelf" wrote
But they are "Public Officers" (Holders of a public office) so, eg,
liable for "Misconduct in Public Office" and can reasonable be held to
higher standards than private persons.

Yes, that's what I don't agree with. I want these people held to the
*same* standards as everyone else. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is a case for a higher standard, but this is niether the time nor the
group for it.

For the purposes of this thread, I'd be happy with the *same* standard - ie
treated like you or I would be if we lost our rag in public and deliberately
obstructed an emergency ambulance that *could* have been on a life or death
mission.

We'd at the very *least* have been prosecuted, not allowed to make a
mealy-mouthed apology (while still implying it was someone else's fault),
and get back to expenses paid largesse.

It stinks ... like most local politics. He's nothing special. Pigs and
trough and no prosecutions just about sums up local government.

Andrew