Old February 15th 09, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Oyster travel cap (z2-6 ) if travel is within 2-6 but fare is viaZ1 (UPDATED !!!)

On Feb 15, 11:23*am, wrote:
This is especially for Mizter T but I hope that it may be of benefit
to others.
You may recall my proposed journey Greenford - Camden *Road via
Shepherd's Bush (London *Overground), nor crossing into *Z1 and the
availability of my z2-6 YPRC cap on Oyster. * I was told that perhaps
breaking my journey at *White City may force the cap. Well here is
what happened.
I had to go to Stratford to meet some friends first.

Greenford - White City (Central Line ) = £1.10

Shepherd's Bush - Stratford ( London Overground, changing at Willesden
Junction) = £2.20

Stratford - Camden *Road ( London Overground) = £1.10

TOTAL = £4.40

[Z2-6 CAP = £3.00]

I had thought that going from ShepB to *Stratford via LO would have
resulted in my fare being capped, obviously this did not happen. I was
also charged for the Stratford - Camden Road journey. I queried this
with Ticket Staff and they said that to get from Shepherd's Bush to
Stratford I must have gone through Z1 and that I was going to reach my
cap for the day when my Oyster usage reached £5.80 ( 1-6 cap). When I
said I used LO via Willesden Junction and did not travel through Z1
they were flummoxed and said I should ring Customer Service. So *can
we conclude that Shepherds Bush (LO /WLL/NLL) - Stratford is a via
Zone 1 journey / fare *even though the obvious route of choice is not
via the central *line ( ie via z1) but via WLL/NLL ? Unfair ?
Incorrect ?

Salamatsys !

If I interpreted that right, it means that the reader at Shepherds
Bush LO is programmed to be the same as the reader at Shepherds Bush
Central Line, despite being a separate building and it not being
possible to reach the Central Line from it.

That does seem to be unfair.