Old February 15th 09, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Signalling alterations Elephant & Castle

On 15 Feb, 12:59, wrote:
Can anyone help I have noticed that signal VS396 on the up Holborn
slow has now aquired a route indicator, this will allow for reversal
from plat 2? Is there a list of alteations I don't recall seeing
anything.

In March the Thameslink Moorgate branch closes as do the terminus
platforms at Blackfriars. The former Moorgate services will run south
via Elephant taking over the routes that used to terminate at/start
from Blackfriars. However, since there are more Moorgate terminators
than Blackfriars terminators, some of the former Moorgates simply
terminate at Elephant, hence the new signalling.

(there's also a new siding at Herne Hill for this purpose)