Old February 16th 09, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster travel cap (z2-6 ) if travel is within 2-6 but fare is viaZ1 (UPDATED !!!)

On 16 Feb, 02:26, Fig wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 00:45:33 -0000, Mizter T wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On 15 Feb, 11:23, wrote:
This is especially for Mizter T but I hope that it may be of benefit
to others.
You may recall my proposed journey Greenford - Camden *Road via
Shepherd's Bush (London *Overground) [to avoid zone 1]

Forget about the WLL altogether! At White City you're not actually
that far from Willesden Junction, and there is a frequent bus route,
the 220, that goes from Wood Lane

If we're getting a bus, might I suggest alighting at North Acton and *
getting a 266 (Stop Z towards Brent Cross) for the 5 min journey to *
Willesden Junction.

Fair enough - I'd thought about walking between either North Acton or
East Acton (Central line) and South Acton (NLL) but hadn't looked into
the bus situation. The 266 is of course one of west London's trunk
routes so it offers a good, frequent service too. What's more is that
is goes straight up Old Oak Lane which is next to the main western
entrance to the station (stop L), so no need to walk down the pathway
from the eastern side way in either. And it is indeed literally a 5
minute journey, so says the timetable, with buses "every 5-9
minutes" [1].

Excellent stuff Fig, thanks for that.

[1] This unofficial website offers the full (non-simplified)
timetables of all bus routes in London, should one want the exact
timings of when a bus is supposed to be running:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/