Old February 16th 09, 02:37 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default UTLer in the news

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:21:08 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Jules gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

This is a Honda CR-V, in ambulance livery.
http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/ambulance/dsc10899.jpg

Blimey! That looks JUST like an ambulance!

Is the word "AMBULANCE" on the bonnet a clue?

Although I believe they've gone and written it backwards... :-)

... although it does say it the correct way round on the side, albeit in
letters that seem disproportionally small to the size of the vehicle,
and toward the rear where you might not happen to glance down and see
them if approaching the driver's window from the front-quarter.

Hard to miss the blue lights on that one, of course - but I believe they
were far further back on the Cambridge example, so again perhaps not so
obvious from the front (particularly if sitting on a bike)?

I believe the wig-wag flashing headlights were in the same place on the
vehicle, though.

Agreed. I've not waded through the entire report - I assume there was
independent witness that they were indeed working.

They do seem like something that would be hard to miss, even if direct
sunlight was falling on the front of the vehicle. The other aspects
though... well, I think I can convince myself that it'd be possible to not
take them on board. Unlikely, but possible.