Old February 16th 09, 03:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] andrewcunard@googlemail.com is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

On Feb 13, 4:04*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 13 Feb, 15:41, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Another point that isn't clear, is what happens when the extra 4 tph from
Clapham Junction via the SLL, and the extra 2 tph peak only trains to/from
Crystal Palace enter the mix. *AFAICT that could mean up to 14 tph extended
to H&I, as there only ever seems to be New Cross - Dalston Junction
terminators mentioned...

It's been stated that the West Croydons will terminate at Dalston
Junction with New Crosses and Crystal Palaces running through. I don't
know how the peak extras or the phase 2 trains fit into this.

Please forgive me for asking a couple of dumb questions, but I can
easily see that I do not know this subject matter nearly as well as
the rest of you:

1) Has anybody heard anything on a North Battersea station for the
ELLX? If so, where would be the proposed location? At the end of
Culvert Road where it deadends into the train tracks (actually, there
is then an automobile tunnel under the first set of tracks, and then a
foot path over the second set of tracks. Is that anybody has proposed
it?

2) At Clapham Junction, is the platform entirely already there? Or
would there have to be some construction work?

3) I've been reading about this proposed "once-weekly" train from
Ealing Broadway to Wandsworth - the first question that comes to my
untrained mind is, "What in the world good is a once-weekly train
service???"

4) And I guess from Mr Thant's post, that nobody knows of the Phase 2
trains from Clapham Junction will deadend at Surrey Quays or keep on
going - surely they have this all figured out by now??? (years ago???)

Thanks in advance for any answers/comments. Glad I found this forum.