Old February 16th 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

DERWENT East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!
Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:33:12 -0800 (PST), Mizter T

On 16 Feb, 16:42, wrote:

On Feb 13, 4:04*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:

2) *At Clapham Junction, is the platform entirely already there? *Or
would there have to be some construction work?

Platform 1 has to be reinstated - this will require work to the deck
it sits on. Platform 1 is the other side of the island platform from
platform 2 (obvious I suppose!), which is the platform currently used
by the LO/ WLL trains today. There were some rumours that cost cutting
meant they were going to try and both the whole ELLX and WLL services
from a single platform (p2) but this would be insane, asking for
trouble and essentially unworkable - the scheme needs p1 to be
reinstated.

There's a whole load of signalling equipment installed in that space
which will need to be moved to new homes.

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett