Old February 16th 09, 09:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] andrewcunard@googlemail.com is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

More to the point, I bet you dollars to donuts that - once it is up
and running - that if you did a cost-benefit analysis for having a
station/stop at Brixton, it wouldn't be justified. Why? Because the
line will basically be unusable to residents of Brixton during the
morning rush hour - after all, very few people are going to be getting
OFF at Brixton, so there won't be any space for people to get ON. I
figure a lot of the stops are going to be unusable. If figure the
ELLX Phase 2 will basically be a great present for City and Canary
Wharf workers who live around Clapham Junction. Largely unusable for
everyone else (other times, yes, but during morning rush hour, no -
will be 90% used by City workers that get on at Clapham Junction).
The biggest benefit (I think) will be the lessening of traffic at
Waterloo, on the Waterloo & City line, and on the Jubilee line (until
you get to Canada Water).