Old February 17th 09, 08:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

"sweek" wrote ...
If Clapham Junction to Canary Wharf really is going to be faster than
the via Waterloo route, I think it'll do the line more bad than good
because it will be absolutely packed from opening.

It'll almost certainly be quicker, and that's just one of the 'untapped'
sources of travel that the overground will reveal.

It'll be worth saving details of the proposed service pattern, and comparing
that with what happens within a year or two of opening. I suspect that there
will be increased sercies on sevral sections, and the 'old' East London Line
will be much, much busier that it used to be.

But even the proposed service levels are much higher than the previous
levels, so they may cope!
--

Andrew

"She plays the tuba.