Old February 17th 09, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default East London Line phase 2b to Clapham Jn is GO!

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On 12 Feb, 16:15, "Batman55" wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

http://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_...eleaseid=20938

Snip

Funny, whilst on a trip today from Bromley via Clapham Jn, Willesden,
Gospel
Oak and Barking (yes I am!) and back to Bromley, I wondered why they
don't
switch the SL service from London Bridge at Wandsworth Road to Olympia
(or
some sensible point along the WLL)? Solves DH problem and gives another
way
of avoiding central London.

Er, that wouldn't actually solve anything I'm afraid to say - the SLL
service is being evicted from London Bridge and is essentially being
replaced by the ELLX to Clapham Jn plus by a possible new Victoria -
Peckham Rye - Bellingham service calling at all stations (except
Battersea Park).

This problem we keep hearing about with capacity at London Bridge, yet there
is at least a 2 platform space on the SW side of the station , now occupied
by cars. Not 12 cars maybe, but why cannot this be restored?

MaxB