Old February 17th 09, 08:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard Richard is offline

Default Breaking Journeys on Anytime Return

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 05:47:26 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

This is interesting - I was always under the impression that cross-
London transfer by Tube with a Maltese cross marked ticket was only
valid between stations on that list.
[...]
The idea that these Maltese cross-London tickets are actually good for
a journey to many parts of the Underground network - and look at the
station list to see what I mean (it includes 'far flung' places like
Upminster, Ealing Broadway, Wimbledon, Balham, Lewisham, Walthamstow
etc) - is rather in contradiction to what this scheme is intended to
facilitate, i.e. the cross-London transfer of rail passengers by Tube/
DLR.

Interesting... I think it's time that the Maltese Cross was retired
and higher in-boundary fares for journeys that include the underground
or DLR done away with. IMHO It makes no sense to consider LU as an
entirely separate entity - if a cross-London journey requires the
underground it should have it (and ideally should be valid on the
bus), and my fare across London shouldn't be more if one of my trains
has a red end rather than a yellow one. Let's have TfL (exclusively)
set proper zonal fares within London, and the underground considered
in the routeing guide for longer journeys.

Richard.