Old February 18th 09, 11:16 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Breaking Journeys on Anytime Return

On 18 Feb, 12:01, "Ian F." wrote:

"Richard" wrote:

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 05:47:26 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

This is interesting - I was always under the impression that cross-
London transfer by Tube with a Maltese cross marked ticket was only
valid between stations on that list.

Sorry to dip in at the wrong point in this thread, but I missed the original
posts. Are we talking about terminating a journey short of where you'd
booked to?

If so, what's the problem? If I get a ticket to, say, Victoria, and decide
to get off at Clapham Junction who's going to stop me? I've paid for further
than I needed to go - I will leave if I wish.

No - the OP has asked about breaking a Cardiff-Southampton journey
outbound at Salisbury and on the return at Bath with an Anytime
Return, which is legit.

The conversation had then turned to discussing whether or not it was
possible to break the cross-London Tube transfer leg of a journey - it
is not possible to break it, but the National Rail publicity suggest
it is possible to end it early. I was merely postulating that I wasn't
sure if this public pronouncement actually accurately reflected the
detailed rules with regards to cross-London Tube transfers (and indeed
ATOC's contract with LU for the provision of this service), given the
fact that if the publicity were to be literally interpreted it would
seem to give a 'free' journey across much of the Underground network,
not just the bits in central London.

In your example of getting off at Clapham Jn on a Victoria (actually
London Terminals) ticket, that's no problem at all.