Old February 19th 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Can't the tube just go one day without some major fsckup?

On Feb 18, 9:01*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
example. *Total time was an unacceptable 30 minutes but that is how long
it was.

Ok 30 mins , I was just going by what the bbc news report said. Even
so , its still too long. Probably not an issue in winter but if it had
been summer with a packed train and 40C temp?

scotched and clipped or remotely secured (if that technology is in
place) to ensure the points don't move under a moving train. *Whether

Why would they? Do points often randomly move on their own when a
signals fails to red or whatever the victoria line equivalent is?
Can't they be controlled remotely from the control room or has that
cutting edge technology not made it there yet?

I disagree with the above statement because no one has died and

Yet.

I don't expect you to accept anything I've written but I have tried to
give you a reasoned explanation. *If it is any consolation I get just as

I'm sure everything you've written is accurate , but it also comes
across as "well we've made a few changes but basically this is the way
it is".

B2003