Old February 20th 09, 08:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Lüko Willms Lüko Willms is offline

Default Rail workers in strike threat

Am Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:13:47 UTC, schrieb Mizter T
auf uk.railway :

As an old unionist I'm of course always on the side of the union,
but I have some questions on this London Overground issue:

It seems the question of whether or not there'll be guards on the new
trains is one issue - this is a quote from the piece:
"The union also claims that rail bosses have failed to confirm verbal
assurances that new trains will be staffed by guards."

Are there guards on London Underground?

However it sounds as though that's not the only issue - facilities, or
rather the lack of them, at the now far more comprehensively staffed
stations seems to be an issue too. I recall talk of how at least some
new such facilities were on the cards so as to cater for all the new
staff - perhaps what they've got doesn't equate to what they thought
was promised in the bright new shiny orange future.

"All the new staff" -- former guards can be used here, isn't it? If
they are not retrained to become drivers.

Besides that, LOROL should hurry to build the facilities for the
staff. Where's the problem with that?

Cheers,
L.W.