Old February 21st 09, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Piccadilly line signal failure

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:32:55 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

[picc line info]

He might be right. As is my usual practice, I checked the service
status on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ on Friday morning and saw the
report Boltar referenced. There was no mention of access to HEX or
Heathrow Connect.

Fine - for whatever reason I couldn't see it. Having seen the daily
report he is quite correct that there was a failure - of a shunt
signal in the sidings at T5.

Tfl's information is not as accurate as I would like.

But nothing is ever as good as you would like it to be is it? Your
posts are usually a long list of criticisms and when we met at the utl
meet I don't recall you having a positive thing to say about LUL.
I'll readily accept things go wrong at times but I won't accept that
everything is a non stop, never ending disaster either. Just because
something is not done to your personal timescales does not mean it
will not get fixed or that no one is doing anything about a problem.
Also sometimes people make a mistake and something might not be
correct. Is everything else you encounter perfect all of the time and
it's just LUL that is a blot on your life?

A sense of perspective from people might be nice just occasionally -
it would be rash of me to expect it *all the time*!

I wonder how accurate the live travel bus information is? My local bus
is the H17, which was shown as running normally on the 19th, even though
Sudbury Hill was closed all afternoon after a serious road accident.
Even pedestrians were prevented from passing for some time, and no
vehicles were allowed through for at least four hours. If the H17 was
running at all, it must have been on a highly diverted route.

The H17 was also shown as running normally on the recent snowy days,
which might be true, but seems unlikely. Is the bus travel news not
actually live?