Old February 24th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Capt. Deltic Capt. Deltic is offline

Default Thameslink ATO Specification published

On 24 Feb, 16:50, wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:35*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/th...k/itt/trainspe...

Will also be applicable to Crossrail, and will form a National Network Rail
ATO specification, overlaid on ETCS.

Stacks of techno stuff...

This is incredible stuff. *Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Dealing with failsafe and reliability is surely a challenge.

Not to mention the use of ETCS SRS 2.3.0d which has a number of
outstanding open points. And I don't think anyone has tried
overlaying ATO on ETCS. I suspect that 24 trains/h will become a new
Key Output 3.

A further point is that, unless ETCS was operational over the whole
Thameslink Network, drivers would have to switch between two operating
philosophies.