Old February 24th 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
[email protected] d7666@hotmail.com is offline

Default Thameslink ATO Specification published

On Feb 24, 5:31 pm, "Capt. Deltic" wrote:

This is incredible stuff. Especially so when you consider that
Thameslink, and Crossrail, trains will run onto systems with systems
(AWS), and none.

Not to mention the use of ETCS SRS 2.3.0d which has a number of
outstanding open points. And I don't think anyone has tried
overlaying ATO on ETCS. I suspect that 24 trains/h will become a new
Key Output 3.

A further point is that, unless ETCS was operational over the whole
Thameslink Network, drivers would have to switch between two operating
philosophies.

But not a lot different to an inbound Eurostar arriving at Dollands
Moor out of the tunnel under TVM430 and suddenly adopting AWS and 4-
aspects. And vice versa outbound.

I shall await further questions from your good self at certain
technical meetings in the near future ;o)

BTW, when I quickly scanned the posts first time through I read SRS
2.3.0d as ETCS SR £2.0.3d ... now I know SR could be parsimonious at
times ...

--
Nick