Old February 24th 09, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Can't the tube just go one day ...

On Feb 24, 9:58*pm, wrote:
In article
,

(MIG) wrote:
On 24 Feb, 09:12, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
"Recliner" wrote

The Jubilee line's trains are not much over a decade old, not
20 years.

Sure, but they replaced 1986 stock, retired at little over 10
years old.

1983 stock, surely.

I think 1986 stock was the three prototype units ordered for Central
Line replacement.

The second 1983 stock batch was delivered in 1986 wasn't it?

I wouldn't have been in London much at the time, but the first batch
was probably barely in service by then, given the usual gap after the
year of its name.