Old February 25th 09, 01:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spam@johnband.org is offline

Default BBC - US firm 'set for Crossrail deal'

On Feb 25, 1:20*pm, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
Bechtel were also brought in to 'save' the over-running Jubilee Line

Didn't they do that by just reverting to normal block working
instead of *the moving block that was being experimented with?

It was much more than that.
Granted the signalling was the biggest cockup - but the whole project had
fallen apart.

In the transport business, Bechtel often seem to be the only company to have
invested in Microsoft Project!

An investment that has repaid them many, many times!

Mind you, I have a niggling feeling that they were associated with at least
one catastrophe of their own - but I can't fix the memory.

WCML electrification, Christmas 2007. "oops, we have half as many
electrical engineers turned up as we thought we'd ordered"

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org