Old March 2nd 09, 01:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Streetlamps in Camden Town

"Paul Terry" wrote
All of the new red-route lamposts around here also have two brackets,
about two metres apart vertically, with eyes that seem to be designed to
tie banners. No banner has ever appeared - if the only one that ever does
is "London Olympics 2012", I shall be even more despondent about the
hidden costs of "the games" - an awful lot of welded steel has gone into
these appendages.

Be grateful for the emptiness - in my neck of the woods, they all have
McDonalds adverts - either way, don't blame the olympics - it's the local
council trying raise revenue.
--

Andrew
http://www.flayme.com/

"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z.
Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." ~ Albert Einstein