Old March 4th 09, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default DLR Tower Gateway

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:52:48 +0000, Paul Corfield
wrote:

I don't see that it wouldn't survive - there are many other routes with
lower usage. I also cannot recall there being any mention of the 135
being a part replacement for DLR - source for your comment?

I'm pretty sure TfL publicity at the time said that there had long
been an aim to introduce something but that it was prompted by the
requirement to provide for journeys from the Aldgate area to Canary
Wharf that might previously have used the DLR.

Unfortunately I don't still have a copy. But the service itself is
very welcome, and is by far the most civilised (if slow) way of
getting to Canary Wharf using a Travelcard. (The *most* civilised,
costing extra, being the boat).

Neil

--
Neil Williams