Old March 5th 09, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.....Therefore it looks likely that the current Tube - Train
cash fares would apply for through journeys on PAYG and whatever the
zonal rates are for solely NR trips would be applied south of the river
and possibly on the outer reaches of NXEA and FCC(?). However that does
rather run against the grain of what I understand applies north of the
river on the Overground plus Chiltern, FGW, FCC and NXEA where the TfL
rate applies for rail or rail and tube journeys. At least the spectre
of a higher PAYG rate (for SWT) seems to have gone.

I've been wondering recently if one of the big issues for the TOCs is how
they deal with a cross London journey that is completely within the zonal
areas? Let's say for discussion's sake we are going from Surbiton to
Upminster. SWT price Surbiton to Waterloo as a Zone 6 to Zone 1 single
journey at £5.00, and c2c price Fenchurch St to Upminster as a Zone 1 to
Zone 6 single journey at £4.00 (the joint LU price presumably).

How then is a Surbiton to Upminster priced? TfL style pricing for a Z6-Z1-Z6
trip seems to give you half the journey free IYSWIM, but I bet the TOCs
current system doesn't. In fact the current overall single is £7.00, and
the Offpeak Day return £7.50. ...

Messy isn't it? Please forgive me if there is a simple answer to this which
has come up before...

Paul S