Old March 5th 09, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default The "Lasso Line"

Peter Smyth wrote:

The Metropolitan line will still go to Aldgate as present. The planned
service is

6tph Hammersmith - Barking
6tph Hammersmith - Edgware Road - Aldgate - Victoria - Edgware Road
6tph Uxbridge - Aldgate
6tph Wimbledon - Edgware Road

I presume this is because the Met can't at present run eastwards on the
current track - will this change with the new stock? (Plus of course this
preserves the through service - is there a requirement for a public enquiry
before such services can be withdrawn or is it the route?)

I don't see how they can promise cross-platform interchange. There will be
a 50% chance of cross-platform interchange depending on which platform is
used.

I suspect this is a flawed attempt to try and minimise objections to the
loss of the direct service. Personally when I've taken the route I've often
found the trains pause for an eternity at Edgeware Road and information
about which train will leave next is virtually non-existant.