Old March 5th 09, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default The "Lasso Line"

On Mar 5, 9:10*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"David Jackman" pleasereplytogroup wrote in message

. 109.145...

which has been reported by the Standard as

"From December, Circle line trains will start in Hammersmith, run along
the
current Hammersmith & City line to Edgware Road and then do a clockwise
lap
of the Circle line and head back to Hammersmith. They would then do the
journey anti-clockwise."

A very similar mistaken description to the last time the Standard ran the
story a few months back. *IIRC was discussed here at the time...

Paul S

Identical nonsense in The London Paper I noticed.

Anyway, I really can't see Edgware Road being workable with the number
of crossing movements. And for the punters, you'd never know which
side of the bridge to run to to get to the Notting Hill direction (bad
enough now).

Given that cross-platform change is only 50 : 50 anyway, the only way
I could see it working would be with major remodelling (two new
crossovers?) so that terminating trains could use the island platform
3/4 and trains to/from Hammersmith on the other side. At least you'd
always know where to stand.