Old March 6th 09, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

In message of Fri, 6 Mar 2009
10:39:28 in uk.transport.london, Tom Barry
writes
* Example: I'm travelling from Ealing Broadway to Hammersmith. I get a
phone call from some friends in a pub in Piccadilly Circus and decide
to alter my plans and go for a swift half. If, back in the day, I'd
bought an Ealing to Hammersmith ticket, I'm screwed, I have to get off
at Hammersmith and buy a new one. Now I'm using PAYG, I just change
onto the Piccadilly and go on my merry way. That's a change that's
made my life just that little bit less regulated by someone else.

An even better scenario is a stop at Hammersmith on the way to
Piccadilly Circus. As long as you keep the interchange to 30 minutes and
continue from Hammersmith (H&C), you will get away with one fare.

A swift drink in The Green Man at Bank is also useful and continuing by
the same gateline seems to be free while escalators are being replaced,
but I don't swear to that and don't try it at the weekend when that pub
is closed.

Incidentally, the March 2009 Tube Map warns about changing at Bank; its
predecessor did not.
--
Walter Briscoe