Old March 6th 09, 12:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

In article ,
(solar penguin) wrote:

Exactly. It's a point I've made many times before. At present,
PAYG is _only_ really useful for those people who just happen to
live near a Tube/Overground/DLR/etc. station. (Does anyone know if
they're the majority of Londeners? I don't think so, but it would
be interesting to see some statistics.) But for the rest of us,
PAYG is currently just an inconvenient form of cheap bus ticket.

I am pretty sure you are in a minority, mostly from Sarf Lunnon, I'm
afraid. We should be grateful that it's being fixed at last, I suppose.

Although my London PAYG usage often involves going to my mother's near
East Putney tube, the inability usually to go to Putney (SWT) without
incurring a fare premium is a right PITA.

This is a pretty obvious statement, but each time I point it out, I
get accused of talking nonsense.

The majority usually don't understand problems for minorities.

--
Colin Rosenstiel