Old March 6th 09, 09:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] rupert.candy@googlemail.com is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

On Mar 6, 12:17*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:28:03AM -0600, Rupert Candy wrote:
This date is still being bandied around, even by Southeastern ticket
staff. Yet as far as I can see only Southern stand any chance of being
ready in time (neoprene-cloaked Oyster readers at all stations now).

They must be very well hidden. *I've certainly not noticed any at
Thornton Heath.

Purely anecdotal evidence on my part - for example, I was particularly
surprised to see two (yes, *two*) such cloaked Oyster readers at the
bottom of the steps to the single lonely platform at Banstead!