Old March 7th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The "Lasso Line"

In message , at 09:15:58 on Fri, 6
Mar 2009, Walter Briscoe remarked:
My most frequent usage is Heathrow-Paddington-KX, and clockwise is
step free.

Only if you count escalators as step-free.

http://directenquiries.com/stationdi...Detail&Title=N
ational+Rail+(Platforms+1+to+8)+-+Entrance+to+Ticket+Hall&did=0218-00304
20_E2H&level=3 shows either 21 steps or an escalator down.

It's wrong (or at the very least incomplete) for years there's been a
lift from the lawn area down to the ticket hall, and from the ticket
hall it's a level passage to the clockwise platform. I agree the lift
isn't very well signed (it looks more like it goes up to the balcony
overlooking the lawn).