Old March 7th 09, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default How realistic is 'September 09' as a date for NR PAYG?

Rupert Candy wrote:

For large swathes of
south London, PAYG is currently nothing more than a glorified one day
bus pass.

And can I add it's not exclusive to south London - there are segments north
of the river where NR is basically essential for starting any long journey.
Yes I can use PAYG on the GOBLIN but for the far more usual, useful and used
east-west route it's either paper tickets on National Express or a bus route
predominantly served by packed bendies. (And to rub salt in the Stratford to
Liverpool Street section *is* covered by PAYG but the only way to take
advantage of it involves getting off at Stratford and then waiting for the
following train.)